Skip to main content

Naturallycurly.com Curly Pool Party

  I had an amazing time at Naturallycurly.com's Curly Pool Party!  Thank you so much, nc!  It was so much fun to be a Texture Squad Stylist and part of this event!









 I got to hang with Cassidy Blackwell, the Global Editor and the awesomeness behind one of the best named blogs ever, Natural Selection. She's completely adorable and I'm obsessed with her hair. Obsessed. Seriously. It makes me want to do rockstar 4a,b,and c curls. Her color is amazing. And, she was all like "It's wash and go." Just One Condition and Heaven in Hair. I felt like one of those cartoons where the character dramatically jaw drops and then picks their bottom lip off the floor and rolls it back up to their mouth.

I also got to hang with Michelle Breyer, co-founder of Naturallycurly.com!!!!! The O.G of naturallycurly, and she knew who I was.  If that's being cornball, I don't want to be cool. She grew a little startup brainchild into a ridiculously badass company that empowers curlies all over the world.
Best part? She was legit cool. 

When I first started my journey as an "all curly, all the time 24/7 8 days a week" stylist, I spent countless hours absorbed in nc content. Reading the forums to see how clients feel about their curls, their frustrations, their sucess, what they wish their stylists knew, etc. helped me connect and really help curlies even in the early days before I'd seen and heard almost every type of curly want, need and challenge. I've been curl blogging (halfassedly, let's call a spade a spade) in my non existent spare time for years, and before that writing a music blog that was sorely unattended thus criminally under read for years as well, and have also been successfully neglecting my TheSuburbanHipsters food&fabulous content since its inception. When given the opportunity to contribute to Naturallycurly.com content, it was blogger nirvana. I love to write, and I have so much content RIGHT HERE. *tapping index finger to my head*. Seeing my work on nc has given me a renewed energy and fueled my passion for blogging, not to mention it was really an honor. I put this pic on my mom's Facebook wall, since I'm not 8, and I can't stick it on her fridge. :D



Curls are sacred to me, and to be recognized on a site that I can credit a large part of my success to, well, it made me feel like this:
"they like me, they really like me!"





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yet another reason why I loathe kertatin for curly hair!

Because for MOST types of curly hair, using keratin treatments results in a very confused and damaged looking head of hair. I didn't even do her color - she's just detoxed and hydrated and cut correctly for how she wants to wear her hair.  Xoxox The Curl Gurl Florida's Curly Hair Expert Ouidad Devacurl Jessicurl  Tampa Bay Area  Facebook.com/thecurlgirl Instagram TheCurlGirl

Another Reason Keratin Treatments are Bad for Curly HAir - pt. 26385926

Post keratin and it turned her hair into dry mush. If that's even a thing. I guess it is, because I see if with keratin victims all of the time.  We fixed her all up with Ouidad Cleansing Oil , Curl Qeuncher Condish Moisture Lock leave in, Climate Control Gel and Shine Glaze. Jiggity. The Curl Girl Florida's Curly Hair Expeet 

coconut oil treatment & apple cider vinegar rinse for curly hair

I'm a little obsessed with coconut oil right now.  I've been using it as a "pre-conditioner" in the salon , I melt anywhere from 2 tablespoons to 1/2 cup of coconut oil (depending on how much i need to really saturate the hair from root to end, then apply it to dry hair. If you do this at home, you can do it hours before you plan to wash it - I sleep with it in my hair and wash it out with Loreal Professional Delicate Color Sulfate Free Shampoo the next morning. If you're a no-poo-er, I suggest using the Ouidad Cleansing Oil instead.  You can condition your hair as usual, or, for extra awesomeness, follow with an apple cider vinegar rinse  use up to half acv to half water, or try using 2 parts water to 1 part acv.  Let that site for at least 2 minutes, RINSE WELL.  Be SO careful not to get it in your eyes, it burns like a BITCH . It's not harsh on your hair, though - the acidity of the vinegar is actually very gentle on the cuticle helping to close it