Skip to main content

Devacurl Supercream Review, Info,, and Styling Tips


Devacurl launched the new Supercream  in June.  I was slightly hesitant, but I'm really liking it. It has a HEAVENLY coconut scent, but it's not overpowering - not overly tropical and in-your-face. One of my clients said it reminded her of amaretto.


Above pic is the supercream on high density, low porosity 3b type curls. Less is more. I emulsified about a dime size in my hands and then raked, squeezed and scrunched it into medium sized sections on very wet hair.  Final scrunch with a paper towel. About 5 pumps for her whole head. It dried very soft, but with great definition - and it was still good the next morning. 







I've been using it as a leave in, "filler" and then adding gel, but not as much as I usually use with my go to leave in, Ouidad Moisture Lock.  The results are similar, but way less Supercream is needed.

I'll update this with more results and more feedback as I receive it!  So far, so good! I would definitely suggest it for anyone with 2c and above curls.

I am SO lucky to have the nicest and most amazing clients in the world! I get so many curl selfies with feedback about products and styling and how it is working for them.

Here are some screen shots of her own styling with the supercream - round one and two. Once she figured out how much her hair liked it seemed to adjust and show her true curl pattern. She also adjusted the amount of gel she added after. Another note is that she said the supercream was great for smoothing her edges in day two. 



Trying different amount of product and being willing to give time or 5 when styling at home doesn't really take more work per se, but it can be scary to not know what the end result we be. 

This curly bombshell travels all over North America for her job, so it's so fun to see how her curls react to the different climates. (Fun for me, lol, it can be a little tedious for her I'm sure). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yet another reason why I loathe kertatin for curly hair!

Because for MOST types of curly hair, using keratin treatments results in a very confused and damaged looking head of hair. I didn't even do her color - she's just detoxed and hydrated and cut correctly for how she wants to wear her hair.  Xoxox The Curl Gurl Florida's Curly Hair Expert Ouidad Devacurl Jessicurl  Tampa Bay Area  Facebook.com/thecurlgirl Instagram TheCurlGirl

Another Reason Keratin Treatments are Bad for Curly HAir - pt. 26385926

Post keratin and it turned her hair into dry mush. If that's even a thing. I guess it is, because I see if with keratin victims all of the time.  We fixed her all up with Ouidad Cleansing Oil , Curl Qeuncher Condish Moisture Lock leave in, Climate Control Gel and Shine Glaze. Jiggity. The Curl Girl Florida's Curly Hair Expeet 

coconut oil treatment & apple cider vinegar rinse for curly hair

I'm a little obsessed with coconut oil right now.  I've been using it as a "pre-conditioner" in the salon , I melt anywhere from 2 tablespoons to 1/2 cup of coconut oil (depending on how much i need to really saturate the hair from root to end, then apply it to dry hair. If you do this at home, you can do it hours before you plan to wash it - I sleep with it in my hair and wash it out with Loreal Professional Delicate Color Sulfate Free Shampoo the next morning. If you're a no-poo-er, I suggest using the Ouidad Cleansing Oil instead.  You can condition your hair as usual, or, for extra awesomeness, follow with an apple cider vinegar rinse  use up to half acv to half water, or try using 2 parts water to 1 part acv.  Let that site for at least 2 minutes, RINSE WELL.  Be SO careful not to get it in your eyes, it burns like a BITCH . It's not harsh on your hair, though - the acidity of the vinegar is actually very gentle on the cuticle helping to close it